Re: Tranny Castrol HD 30W?

To: <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Tranny Castrol HD 30W?
From: "Bob Spidell" <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 07:07:16 -0800
Uh oh, religious war starting (again) ;)

I used 20W-50 in my gearbox/OD for nearly 20 years and 80K miles
with no problems.  I recently switched to RedLine MT90, which I feel provides
a smoother shift and quicker O/D engagement.

The one thing most people agree you do not want to use is EP ("Extreme
Pressure") gear oil ... they contain sulfur compounds that allegedly attack
brass components (synchos, in particular).

bs