Re: Oli pressure and Oil viscosity

To: healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Oli pressure and Oil viscosity
From: N5572B@aol.com
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 10:09:21 EST
Mutiviscosity oil does not actually change it's weight as temperatures
increase.  20/50 weight oils are a 20 weight and flow like a 20 weight oil  at
0
degrees C. or 32 degrees F.  Due to additives and the way the oil is
manufactured, our 20 weight oil has the same cling factor or shear strength as
a  50
weight oil at 100 degrees C. or 212 degrees F.  So, it really is a 20  weight
oil
and not a thick 50 weight. Hope this helps and yes, 20/50 is probably  the
common weight on the list, brands will vary.

Cheers,
Dave
59 BT7 project
Paradise, CA

In a message dated 12/22/04 10:26:17 PM Pacific Standard Time,