Re: Merry Christmas from OZ

To: Peter Linn <greylinn@ozemail.com.au>
Subject: Re: Merry Christmas from OZ
From: Dave & Marlene <rusd@velocitus.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2004 03:07:40 -0700
Hi Peter,

I think that the seal should be placed with the open (spring) side
facing out. It is to prevent the oil that runs along the axle shaft &
out to the bearing, from leaking back out of the hub around the axle hub
extension which it runs on. Open side toward the bearing. "Inwards"
toward the bearing. Lip side towards the bearing. The actual seal is
between the hub carrier & the axle housing extension.

Merry Christmas to you also.

Regards,
Dave Russell