Master Cylinder Update

To: "Healeys" <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Master Cylinder Update
From: "Ben Prince" <blprince2@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 11:58:33 -0800
I was finally able to disassemble the master cylinder on my BN1.  I did not
have to resort to a torch to get the end cover off.  I soaked the unit in
penetrating oil, warmed it in my wife's oven, tapped with a hammer many times,
and pushed/ pulled using a big socket, until it finally broke loose.  Many
thanks to those who offered advice.

I have another question.  The rebuild kit includes a copper gasket and an
o-ring, both the same size.  They both seem to fit the end cover.  When I took
the unit apart, there was no o-ring -- only the copper gasket.  Where does the
o-ring go?  What is it for?  Also, what are the tabs on the copper gasket
for?

Thanks for the help.

Ben
BN1