re. master cly

To: healey list <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: re. master cly
From: joe mulqueen <joemulqueen@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 12:06:11 -0800 (PST)
Kurt,
If threads were clean/lubed (preferably to ensure
tight clamping) and union is still leaking after
another careful detorque and retighten, then the brake
flares may be distorted and/or nut may be slightly
bell mouthed.  If either's the case you're looking at
a difficult re-termination or pipe assy replacement.
If you want brake pipe mfg tips let me know, I did a
complete re-fab on both my '67 Landrover and '60 BT7
or you can buy it premade from someone.
Regards,
Joe M
'60 BT7