Re: 3:54 gears

To: WAS <Waschu2@charter.net>, healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: 3:54 gears
From: RLR <xk120fhcse@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 16:03:29 -0800 (PST)
Wayne,

Yes. I had ordered 2 sets and they arrived last week. Took one set to Highland
Automotive today for installation in the race car.

How are you doing?? I sold your old E-Type FHC and have regretted it from the
moment I handed over the keys. That was a great car. Nothing like tooling down
the highway at night listening to the BBC on the short wave. The only "moment"
the car ever delivered was when the ancient rad hose blew on the highway. Those
bonnet louvres did a nice job of delivering steaming rad contents on the
windshield resulting in instant zero visibility. Now I know what the 3 wiper
blades are for.

But I did swap the car for a Healey 100 "Nasty Boy" (Ford 289) and even got
$1500 cash on top. Should have bought the Healey and kept the Jag too. That Jag
was one solid car.

Hope all's well with you. Have a happy New Year.

Dick Rowley

WAS <Waschu2@charter.net> wrote:
Is Mike Lampert Shipping the second batch of gears yet? I am on the
list and have not heard anything. Bulding up my spare diff would be a
nice winter project.

Wayne Schultz