Horns - this time a HF1748 from a BN2

To: healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Horns - this time a HF1748 from a BN2
From: mike brooks <hypercubic@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 18:34:49 +0000 (GMT)
I just have the one horn on my BN2 - don't know what happened to the other. The
one horn emits a feeble noise inaudible from inside another car. Having read
the recent postings on horns, I decided to take the plunge and dismantle it. As
Rich advised, all the screws were very tight. However, I discovered that a #3
nut remover from the Sears set could be tapped over each screw and provide
sufficient grip to loosen it. Once all the main screws were out, the diapragm
was carefully separated from the body without destroying the two paper gaskets.
The contact block was then unscrewed from the body so I could get some fine
emery paper between the points to clean them up. Now it is all back together
and making much more noise!!

I have a question - I do not know if this is a High or Low tone horn, having
never heard what a BN2 with two good HF1748s sounds like. Does anyone have a
recording of the sound from the two horns?

I might also be in the market for "the other one" once I can find out which I
have.

Mike
56 BN2