Re: Horns - this time a HF1748 from a BN2

To: hypercubic@yahoo.co.uk
Subject: Re: Horns - this time a HF1748 from a BN2
From: CNAArndt@aol.com
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 22:12:25 EST
Mike,

There are two ways I know of telling the difference between low and high note
HF 1748 horns, apart from listening to the tone difference.  The low note is
part no. 70063A/F and the high note is part no. 70071A/F.  The numbers are
found on a small curved plated brass plate on the back side of the horns on the
AH 100s.

The other way is too look at the diaphragm once the horn is apart, I believe
that a low note horn will have one "V" shaped notch on the edge while a high
note should have two "V V" shaped notches.

Cheers,

Curt Arndt
Carlsbad, CA
'55 BN1, '60 AN5 :{)

In a message dated 12/31/04 10:36:45 AM Pacific Standard Time,