RE: Steering wheel size

To: "Rick Neves" <Rick@genomictechnologies.com>,
Subject: RE: Steering wheel size
From: "Neal Grotenhuis" <grotenhuis@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 08:24:04 -0500
Rick,

Unhappy with the design of the Moto-Lita 15", I made a 12.5" wheel 2 years
ago.  While it turned out nicer than I expected, it is too small, especially
with fatter tires.  Steering effort was a bit much, and it didn't look quite
right.  One of my frustrations is that the only diameters that don't obscure
the outside guages are 12.5" and over 16".  I agree that 15.5 is the most
comfortable overall, but the smaller guages still require peeking around the
wheel to see them completely.  I hope to make another wheel this winter in a
15.5.

Neal G.
61 BT7