100-4 cockpit moulding listed on Ebay

To: healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 100-4 cockpit moulding listed on Ebay
From: dicksonr@uwm.edu
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 14:30:52 -0600
Healey Friends,
Just to inform those of you that were interested.  I have listed the 100-4 rear
cockpit trim piece on Ebay.  It is scheduled to start tonight at 9:00pm central
time.  There were something like four people interested.  Sorry that I don't
have one for each of you. Listed by seller my Ebay handle is
healey-archaeologist.  I hope that the piece helps someone out.

I have been busy working on my front fenders (wings) on my BJ-7.   I have done
most of the body work to the front fenders.  Welding pin holes shut getting rid
of little dings, etc. I also had to make the mounting flanges that secure the
fender to the door pillar.  Originally, the fender did not have one. I had an
area in the center where it was stretched out.  I shrunk it the best I could
with heat and a shrinking hammer.  Then I quickly quenched it.  I didn't have
any water on hand so I used snow.  We have plenty of that in Wisconsin.  It
worked out well.
My front shroud is mounted.  I primered the inside of the fenders yesterday with
a high build Marson primer.  I will sand today and then paint with a Colorado
red enamel.  On friday I will try to mount the fenders.
As far as my hood (bonnet) debacle, I have found out what was wrong.  I laid a
straight edge across the edge of the hood and found that the lip stuck out
1/8-1/4 inch near the center.  I have been carefully trying to tap it back
even.  It is much closer to fitting but still needs to go another 1/8 inch or
so.  The little woman gets home from Florida tonight.  No more eating spicy
food, long days in the garage, guzzling beer and watching the history channel
all night long.

Randy Dickson
Healey Archaeologist
63 BJ-7