Lonbridge top frame hook

To: <Healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Lonbridge top frame hook
From: "Mick Vander Ploeg" <mvanderploeg@nc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 07:20:35 -0500
On Lonbridge BN4's, there's a hook welded to the bottom of the top frame on
the driver's (left) side of the car.  It hooks into a rubber "grabber" exactly
the same as the ones that hold the hood and trunk prop rods, and helps hold
the top frame up.  Judging by the number of early BN4s I've seen with this
hook broken off, I'm assuming it wasn't the best designed part on the car.
Not surprisingly, my hook was missing when I bought the car, so I bought a new
one from the Nocks.  Now that I'm ready to weld it on, I have no idea at what
angle it should be positioned relative to the top frame.

Does anyone have some close up pictures they can send me, and/or a protractor
to check the angle between the frame and the hook?

Thanks,

Mick Vander Ploeg
'57 BN4