Re: Mk III on ebay

To: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Mk III on ebay
From: Alan Schultz <alan@andysnet.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 11:48:14 -0600
I noticed that too. I had the same situation with a new top. The
convertible top flaps (located several inches from the leading edge)
that are installed between the aluminum angle to which the bulb type
weatherstripping is attached and the wood frame side piece were too
close to the leading edge. It would not allow me to completely store the
top behind the rear seat back. The only solution I had was to cut the
flaps off. I have as yet not had them sewn into the convertible top at a
better location. It looks like this car has the same problem and may not
be a poor boot cover.

Alan Schultz
67BJ8