Re: Rear seatback

To: "Frakes, Jim" <JimF@frakes-eng.com>
Subject: Re: Rear seatback
From: 57 Healey <57healey@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 21:13:52 -0600
Jim,

You just solved a mystery for me.  My Longbridge car had a new
upholsty kit installed fairly recentlly in its life.  Everything was
done but the squab, which had been carpeted instead of upholstered.  I
will bet dollars to donuts that the kit they bought was for a later
car and they couldn't get the back seat cover it to fit, so covered it
with carpet instead.

When I get the car back from the paint shop and install the carpet I
am going to get a local shop to cover the back seat for me using a
fellow club members as a template.

Patton

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 17:03:46 -0500, Frakes, Jim <JimF@frakes-eng.com> wrote:
> Early BN4 Longbridge and late BN4 Abingdon have a different curvature
> and dimension from the center of the curved back to the front. It is
> either 5-1/2 inches or 6-1/2 inches. I would clarify which you need, for
> sure before ordering. I have both and could loan you one to try out. One
> has the upholstery stripped and the other still is in goof to fair
> shape, red, NOT original. Before you think about building your own, I
> would consider David Nock's offer of a new assembly. IT IS COMPLEX. I
> could send pix, but it would be a pain to get it right.
>
> Jim Frakes--
Patton Dickson - Richmond, TX
'57 A-H 100-Six - http://Austin-Healeys.com