starter button

To: Austin Healey <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: starter button
From: Jorge Garcia <fortee9er@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 11:04:29 -0800 (PST)
Did European delivery Austin Healeys with a column
lock have a starter button on the dash switch panel
where the ignition switch normally resides?
My BJ8 originally had a column lock but that was
removed (by PO) and replaced by a conventional dash
mounted ignition switch.The problem is that the
starter switch turns when I turn the key, no matter
how hard I tighten the nut. I'd like to replace the
ignition switch (and key) with a starter button and
the ignition and fuel pump with their own (on/off)
switch (no key needed). I'd like to do it in such a
way that the dash maintains its original appearance.
Has anyone in the list done anything like this on
their Healey and perhaps have pictures to show how it
was done?
 Thanks
Jorge Garcia