Distributor grease

To: <Healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Distributor grease
From: "Ron Fine" <RonFineEsq@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 11:40:02 -0800
I have my distributor apart and everything looks like it is in good
condition.  No obvious wobble in the shaft.  The springs and weights move
freely and appear to be in good condition.  I only have to figure out a way
to replace the vacuum advance unit which is not holding a vacuum.  The
housing has a lot of old hard grease which I will clean out today.  I was
wondering what type of grease to use in reassembly;  wheel bearing grease?

And, if anyone has an old vacuum advance unit that is still working for a
DM6A distributor and wants to part with it, please contact me off the list.
This unit has a screw attachment for the vacuum line and a solid flat rod
with a fixed pin attaching the vacuum unit to the breaker point unit.
Thanks for any advise.
Ron