Re: static timing

To: Jorge Garcia <fortee9er@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: static timing
From: Dave & Marlene <rusd@velocitus.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 14:36:43 -0700
Hi Jorge,

Yes, the Pertronix can be static timed.
To static time a Pertronix Ignitor, place a voltmeter across the coil
primary terminals. Very slowly rotate the engine in the forward
direction & the voltmeter will drop to zero at the firing point. Compare
this point to the pulley timing marks.  Rotate the distributor as
necessary.  To recheck, turn the engine backward about 1/4 turn & back
forward again. Once it has fired you have to back it up some to reset
the electronics. Pretty easy to do by putting the gears in fourth or top
& bump the car. You can bump it pretty easily by grabbing a front tire &
turning it a bit.

Dave Russell
BN2