RE: Hot Cam question for discussion

To: "Steve B. Gerow" <steveg@abrazosdata.com>
Subject: RE: Hot Cam question for discussion
From: "Greg Wilkinson" <gregwilkinson@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 19:18:22 -0800
Hi Steve,
        Something is definitely missing in that equation. If only the duration
is
increased, why would you need to port the block? Same holds for the stronger
springs. If the lift is the same over a longer duration, the valves would
probably open and close slower than stock for a given RPM. Sure it's not
necessary to put headers on, but I don't think a cast exhaust manifold can
breath as well. Isky reground my BJ8 cam to a slightly longer duration and
higher lift, the base circle of the lobe is almost flush with the shaft now.

Best,
Greg