Re: Hot Cam question for discussion

To: Healey List <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Hot Cam question for discussion
From: Eric (Rick) Wilkins <wilko2@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 09:40:04 -0800
Right. If only the timing is changed you don't need to mess with
anything else.

On these longer cams that get you the power you need, the lift is also
changed to something like .425". If the lift isn't much higher than BJ8
you don't need to cut the block. You can check your clearance on
assembly and see if you need to do that.

I had a MkI cam ground to 280 with .425" and have not yet run it. My
head has been planed so I may need to cut the block after I measure it
to see about my clearance. Clay is put in the chamber and the engine
turned over. Measure the clay and viola.

Rick
San Diego