re radio knobs thanks

To: "healey list" <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: re radio knobs thanks
From: "B&C Phillips" <bjcap@frontiernet.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 21:44:43 -0500
Thanks to all that helped on the position question. I decided to use them
like an upside down cup for two reasons . First is the bottom knob covers
the shaft nut and second there is very little top knob left to turn if used
dish style. four radios I have personally seen have them upside down cup .
You can use them either way .I have not tried to find original literature
ads to solve the mystery , perhaps someone with some handy can shed more
lite on the subject. They came in most British cars of the '60s /70's so it
shouldnt be hard.
Thanks again to all
Carroll