Pointless SU Fuel Pumps

To: <Healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Pointless SU Fuel Pumps
From: "Ron Fine" <RonFineEsq@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 23:23:24 -0800
I have been considering purchasing a new SU Pointless fuel pump for my BN7.
I previously installed one on my 66 MGB and although I have only had it on
for about a year it is working flawlessly.  So, I emailed Holden Company in
England and asked about their availability.  Their catalog is a little vague
as to which model but the price is significantly less than Moss or VB for
the square body pump (1961 BN7).  I get a very brief email response from
their sales department telling me to "stick with points".  I ask why.  The
answer is "pointless is less reliable".  Well, I am looking for reliability
so what should I do now?  I would be interested in any of your opinions or
experiences with the SU Pointless fuel pumps.  And I don't want to install a
modern electric pump.  I like the look and sound of the tick tick tick.
Thanks,
Ron