Re: Gauge repair

To: healeys@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Gauge repair
From: john spaur <jmsdarch@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 22:21:14 -0800
The real question should be what is the gold standard for fixing a gauge?

I sent a speedo to MoMa to have the bearing replaced and it was fixed but
they lost the original red dot for the charging light. They quickly sent a
replacement but it was non-original. When I complained they had an excuse.
When I wrote a complaint letter they finally sent an original replacement
(perhaps because I sent a photograph of what I had sent them).

I sent an oil/temp gauge to Palo Alto Speedometer to have the capillary
tube replaced. They rebuilt the gage and re-plated the case. It was first
class!

The only expectation I had from either shop was that the repair would be
done correctly. Palo Alto Speedometer exceeded my expectations. Be sure to
ask what is included in the repair before you commit.

John
'62 BT7