Re: .060 pistons

To: Dick Lutin <lutin@acssigns.com>
Subject: Re: .060 pistons
From: Dave & Marlene <rusd@velocitus.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 22:45:04 -0700
Dick,

Increasing the bore by .060" will increase the displacement & HP about 3.7%.
  You can decide if this is significant.

The BJ8 cam was pretty good as is, for street use. You might gain some
with another pattern. If you change, make sure that the lifters are
refaced or use new lifters. There are usually a lot of opinions about
which cam to use.

I can't advise about the window vents.

Dave Russell