Re: Meeting Another Healey List Member...kinda long

To: GSFuqua1@aol.com
Subject: Re: Meeting Another Healey List Member...kinda long
From: Healeyguy@aol.com
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 17:19:36 -0500
Writing to you from the Chateau on the Lake in Branson MO. Well what does that
have to do with Healeys? Lots actually.  I'm being a good husband and attending
a conference with the wife in mid-America. With many hours to relax in the
resort, I had options to attend the sessions with the better half, relax in the
lavishly appointed library (not to many automotive tomes on the shelf), use the
spa or gym (no way), drive the cold and rainy roads of west central Missouri
(which I ended up doing anyway and this a great place to drive cars, I can only
imagine them driving in a Healey) or contact someone from the list that lives
in the area and get my Healey "fix" for the week.

Well if your ever in Branson look up Gary Fuqua. Really nice guy with a neat
shop with LBC's and motorcycles spread about in various states of restoration
or repair. Gary is a multi-marque kind of guy but his love and interest in
Austin Healeys is evident.

Gary was gracious enough to spend the morning showing me around sharing his
passion for motorized vehicles in general. I hope Gary doesn't mind (I told him
that I was going to write to the list) but the benefits of the Healey list is
much greater to some participants than some of us realize. In Gary's case, as
well as many who ask questions on the list, your responses and input help
resolve issues quickly and accurately.  Manuals, books, standards and the like
are helpful but when you need the measurement across the footwell there are not
to many places to get the answer like you can on the list.

As Gary stated this morning, I also can say, that several good long distance
friendships were formed because of the interaction on the list.  Thanks again
Gary for your hospitality. Would have never known you lived in Branson if it
hadn't been for the trailer on your email signature.

Thanks also to all you folks out there, where ever you are.

Aloha
Perry
(anybody in Palm Beach Florida for next week?)