Installing front kick pannels

To: "healeys" <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Installing front kick pannels
From: "Sam Marble" <samncyna@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 16:35:59 -0500
Listers:
I'm tryimg to figure out the proper way to intall the front kick
pannels in the footwell area of my BN4.
I have the pemade pannel kit from Heritage and the quality is great.
However, the kick pannels in the kit have loose vinyl on the rear edge
of both pannels that appears to to be intended to cover the front edge
of the door opening. I would guess to eliminate any small gaps  that
would allow paint to show through after the door seal is installed.
I have what I believe to be the original factory pannels and they do
not have this extra loose vinyl. Instead, the vinyl is neatly glued on
all edges. There were also traces of red paint (car has red interior)
along the same edges of the door.
Can anyone confirm the correct manner of installation
on a late BN4 ?

Thanks

Sam