Re: Installing front kick pannels

To: "Sam Marble" <samncyna@comcast.net>, "healeys"
Subject: Re: Installing front kick pannels
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 18:04:42 -0500
Sam,
They have mistakenly sent you a pair of kick panels trimmed as per BJ8
practice which is to glue the back edge vinyl around the steel flange
(instead of drilling and installing the 3 cup washers and screws here as all
earlier Healeys did) and clip the door seal over this.
Take the Heritage panels and simply trim the excess vinyl back to about 1
1/2" extra and wrap this flap around the back side and glue it down like it
is all around the rest of the panel. Then locate your original screw
locations and fasten down.
The factory always ran a brush of interior colour paint along these edges so
if there is any metal showing through at corners and edges, it will match
the interior trim colour.
Rich Chrysler