Re: Aus/US Healey Challenge

To: "Charlie Baldwin" <ewsinc@suscom.net>
Subject: Re: Aus/US Healey Challenge
From: "John Rowe" <jarowe@westnet.com.au>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 08:24:30 +0800
Hi Charlie

Don't miss out on the Glen.

I have copied part of an email from Jeff Johnk to all the participating
Australian folk re the arrangements for Watkins Glen.

" It has come to my attention that the Watkins Glen race is considered by
the track to be a "closed event". What this means is that the main gates
will not be staffed or open. Not to worry if you wish to spectate as Judy at
HSR (the sanctioning body) has made special arrangements for you. On
arriving at the track, proceed to the HSR trackside registration and ask to
be placed on the HSR Master Over Crew List (This does not mean you will be
asked to fuel or change tires on race cars!).  There will be a fee of $35
per person and you will need to sign a liability wavier which will allow you
access to the event the entire weekend. It is believed at this writing that
HSR's registration will be open from 7-5 Thurs., 7:30-3:00 Friday, 7:30-
1:00 Sat, 8-11 a.m. Sun. Updated hours will be posted on www.theglen.com
shortly before the event. HSR has made every effort to accommodate club and
street Healeys at this event( even working on a means to permit street and
race Healeys to paddock together). You are most welcome to attend! Please
inform your friends that may be driving in to spectate. You are the only
means we have to reach them."

Cheers from West Oz

John Rowe