Re: Punch List Items for Finishing Restoration

To: "Olin Brimberry" <olin.brimberry.b@bayer.com>, <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Punch List Items for Finishing Restoration
From: "Keith Pennell" <pennell@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 22:45:10 -0500
> 2) I need a good source for a more authentic leather spare tire strap.
The one
> I sent back to Moss looked like a wal-mart belt for kids.

Olin, for the BN7 I bought a strip of leather of the necessary width from a
leather shop.  Took it home, cut it to length, used a black marker to dress
the edges.  Then punched the holes for the rivets and used the orig buckle.
Also punched 4 or 5 for the buckle hasp.  Voila!  30 minutes work and about
$5.

> 5) Need a good source for the ashtrays

If you don't have any luck let me know.  I may have one stashed away.