Fuel Pipe measurements

To: <Healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Fuel Pipe measurements
From: "Ron Fine" <RonFineEsq@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 09:05:12 -0800
Hello again,  I am completing the installation of a new fuel pipe from the
pump to the engine bay on my BN7.  The pump is on the driver side.    My old
pipe was so bent up it is hard to use for measurements.  My engine is out
and I need to determine where to terminate the pipe.  I'm looking for a
measurement from the bottom of the left frame rail just in front of the
engine mounting block to the height of the rigid pipe end where the flexible
pipe connects.  If I make it too short the flex pipe will not reach the
carbs.  Too long and the flex pipe will bunch up.

A second question is how the rigid pipe turns from the horizontal to the
vertical.  My old pipe makes two 45 degree bends across the inside face of
the engine mounting block and then straight up.  I have seen some diagrams
showing this transition as a 90 degree bend just forward of the engine
mounting block.  Is there any standard?

Thanks for any advise.
Ron
61BN7