re. Re: rocker panel question

To: healey list <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: re. Re: rocker panel question
From: joe mulqueen <joemulqueen@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 13:59:31 -0800 (PST)
Greetings Rich,
I have a Kilmartin rocker on my car's RH and the
original LH has the downward bow you describe.  I
always thought it was due to years of people putting
weight on the door threshold..
Regards,
Joe Mulqueen
'60 BT7

Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 16:45:04 -0500
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Subject: Re: rocker panel question

....There is supposed to be a dip in them to parallel
the door bottom. That is to say there should be a
curve in the vertical plane. If you placed a
straight edge vertcally along the outer edge, the
concave dip should be almost 5/16". The bottom of the
outer rocker panel also needs to have this curve to
continue the compound curve sweep on into the lower
front fender. There are a lot of "restored" Healeys
running around out there with rocker panels that are
too straight.......

http://my.yahoo.com