Piston Compatibility

To: Healey List <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Piston Compatibility
From: Carlos Cruz <healey3000bn7@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 14:36:15 -0800 (PST)
Hi Fellow Listers,

I can use some help from those familiar with both the 100/6 and early 3000.
I'm looking for a set of pistons and found some for sale on ebay however they
are discribed as being for the 100/6.  I have a very early 3000 BN7 born in
November 1959, shortly after the discontinuation of the 100/6 model.  I have
the 2912 cc engine.  Can someone tell me if there is any difference between the
blocks used in the 100/3 and 3000 as it pertains to the piston used?

Also, there is a NOS oil pump for sale on ebay # 7951328747 currently bid at
$175.  Can someone look at the photo and visually confirm that it looks to be
for a Healey as the seller claims?  I've written the seller and haven't heard
back yet.  Is this a fair price?

I appreciate any and all help.

Cheers,
Carlos Cruz
'60 BN7

 The all-new My Yahoo!  What will yours do?