Re: Favorite drives; Austin Healey

To: "James B Dalglish" <leaker@exit109.com>, <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Favorite drives; Austin Healey
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 11:07:43 -0500
Yes, Actually, I was going to write something about Route 100 and route 15 up
to and in and around Stowe. Route 15 going north out of Stowe is beautiful and
gets mountain-y the further north you go. The whole area is full of great
country drives bordered by beautiful hills, lakes and rivers. I have gone up a
couple of times for the 3 day British festival up there. (The name of the
event escapes me, right now). That is a truly spectacular drive, both driving
and sight seeing. The only time it is not a lot of driving fun is on weekends
during peak fall-foliage..... Tour buses, minivans, and station wagons parked
and creeping along, everywhere! But the rest of the time, it's great! -And the
British festival is a lot of fun if the weather is good. (I like watching the
newbie Land Rover owners trying to negotiate the off road course they set up).
Tons o fun. There are some nice "English Style" inns to stay at up there
too..