Lightened Flywheel & 3.54 Gearset

To: "HealeyList" <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Lightened Flywheel & 3.54 Gearset
From: "Richard Bittmann" <edmyed@harbornet.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 11:43:00 -0800
I have a new 3.54 gearset on the way for my BJ7.  I decided to do this because
my 1st gear is so low that the only time I ever use it is for starting out on
a steep hill.  Also on the freeway the tach reads 3000 rpm at 60 mph.  I want
to be able to cruise faster at lower rpms.

I have read many posts lately regarding lightened flywheels as an improvement
for acceleration out of corners  and quicker starts because the engine has
less inertia to overcome.  This sounds like a good idea but I'm interested in
hearing the downside of combining this improvement with a lightened flywheel
for someone who likes to drive agressively occasionally but will use the car
for road trips and on city streets while at home.
Richard Bittmann BJ7