Re: Building a Trailer for ~ $300

To: Patton Dickson <57healey@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Building a Trailer for ~ $300
From: dicksonr@uwm.edu
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 11:18:21 -0600
Patton is correct.  The labor input is defined as how the laborer sees it.  It
is an emic distinction, not an etic distinction.  The problem with the etic
distinction is that it attempts to quantify labor.  Then apply that
quantification as a blanket rule.  The economics of time is interpreted by the
individual, not an outsider.  Our world today attempts to treat everything as a
commodity.  Even free time.  Commodification of time may be fine in the
business world, but it is invalid when it comes to applying it to an
individuals leisure time.  This is a parallel augument to the one we had the
past couple of weeks over the BJ auction as to what a Healey is worth.

Randy Dickson
Healey Archaeologist
63 BJ-7