Re: BJ7 Dash Mounting

To: "KENNETH MASON" <meditionm@msn.com>,
Subject: Re: BJ7 Dash Mounting
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 23:11:19 -0500
Ken,
All the dash mounting screws on a BJ7 are chromed Posidrive pan head style
10-32 machine screws and none are countersunk. Only the centre dash screw is
backed up by a chrome washer. There are no washers under the heads of any of
the others so a trick here so you can tighten the screws without picking up
and twisting the vinyl is to dab a tiny bit of vaseline on the vinyl before
the screw goes in. Once tight, wipe the excess off.
In behind, all are backed up with flat washers, lockwashers and nuts.
In one picture I sent you, Ken you can see the lower strut going in behind
the dash. The screw comes up from the under side and through the strut, with
again, a flat, lock and nut to fix it all in place.
BTW, don't let the absence of the centre dash screw condfuse you, I just
hadn't made the hole to install it yet when the picture was taken.
Hope this helps.
Rich Chrysler