Re: re. Re: victoria british order + J C Whitney & Noslocators

To: "joe mulqueen" <joemulqueen@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: re. Re: victoria british order + J C Whitney & Noslocators
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 10:12:16 -0500
Honestly, I used to use British Victoria for small parts which did not require
technical accuracy or where getting a questionable reproduction was not an
issue. -Things like some fasteners screws little fittings, oil filter
cartridges, points, gaskets etc. I seldom had a problem, or issues with
shipping charges. -But again, I was selective in the sorts of things I would
order from them. Maybe their shipping policies have changed?
I have always approached Moss much the same way. I generally feel that if I
call, and if the people I speak to are not knowledgeable enough to tell me if
a part is "as original" in all respects, then I limit the kinds of things I
will order from them. Otherwise, I've found that inspecting and returning
parts becomes a significant chore and expense.
For parts which require some technical or concours expertise, I go to the
usual specialized sources, like BCS, Healey Surgeons, AH Spares, etc. In
talking with their personnel when ordering, I can be pretty sure of getting a
good new or quality used part appropriate for my specific car, and packed and
shipped correctly. -I might pay a bit more, but I think it balances the
potential delays and hassles I've had elsewhere.

David W. Jones
'62 Mk II BT7 tricarb
Cumberland, RI USA