RE: Desperately need advice on painting my BN7 tri-carb

To: "'WILLIAM B LAWRENCE'" <ynotink@msn.com>,
Subject: RE: Desperately need advice on painting my BN7 tri-carb
From: Rizzo Steven D LtCol AETC/XPRU <Steven.Rizzo@randolph.af.mil>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 09:37:29 -0600
I found this thread really interesting.

I personally think the big Healey with its soft curves looks great in OEW.
(OEW is the color of my BJ8, BTW.)  However, as several have stated "its
your car", etc.  Don't go a bright white as the same soft curves won't look
good.  Bright white looks good on angular designs - again my opinion.
However, The contrast between dark anything and the white engine compartment
will be horrible.  A really good compromise that I think would really look
good, maybe even striking would be the main body OEW and the coves the dark
blue.  I bet someone  has a computer program that could create a picture of
a big healey in those colors that you can look at to help you decide.
Otherwise, paint the entire engine compartment, too.  Just my thoughts on
it.  But, it really is your car!

Stever