Re: Center of balance

To: "David" <dcrawfor@san.rr.com>, <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Center of balance
From: "Bluechipracing" <bluechipracing@snet.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 18:50:38 -0500
David:  On my BN1, the center of gravity is 46.5" forward of the rear axle
centerline, or right about at the point where the swage line intersects the
front door gap.  I would expect the BN7 to be a few inches further forward
due to longer wheelbase and greater engine
weight.  I tie down with axle straps around the rear axle housing, both
sides (watch the brake lines), and around the front lower control arms right
near the wheels.  I have seen some folks tie down with straps around the
knockoffs, but I would be afraid of marring the wheel spokes.

When positioning the car on the trailer its important to achieve the correct
tongue weight...too much, and you may overload the tow vehicle, too little
causes instablity...very scary!

Jim