re locks and history

To: "healey list" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: re locks and history
From: "B&C Phillips" <bjcap@frontiernet.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 09:06:10 -0500
Nick,
The door lock codes or stamped on the lock insert itself. Your heritage cert.
will tell you the original key codes. Many times lock handles are changed for
various reasons, lost keys , accidents,ect. You can always re do the lock
insert ( same code # example FP or FS series ) to match your original key from
the certificate. A trick I have found to remove insert( if your curious about
finding the code ) is to obtain a few keys of the same series, you can insert
a key into the lock( door handle removed from door) and try and pull the
insert out,most of the time you can oull it out one or two tabs.Insert another
key and more often than not it will hit a combination of tabs to let the lock
insert come out of the handle. Then you can physically see the code stamped on
the lock insert. If this is all too confusing you can contact Pete Groh. I'm
sure he can help with finding a correct combination for you.
Good luck,
Carroll Phillips  Top Down   Resorations