Car Inspection Service.

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Car Inspection Service.
From: GLWilkieAlaska@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 02:10:42 EST
Hi Listers,

For those that may be considering the purchase of a Healey (or any Marque),
which is too far away to personally inspect, may I recommend from my personal
experience...

Try to contact someone in a Healey (or other Marque) Club which is in the
vicinity, who can put you in contact with those in the know. Roger Moment put
me
in touch with someone that connected me with Tom Felts (a lister on this site)
who did a pre-purchase inspection of a BJ8 for me in Pittsburgh. (I'm in
Anchorage.) His inspection was extremely detailed. This of course isn't a free
service, although only someone that loved his subject matter would have put in
the effort that Tom did. Frankly, I was grateful to find someone prepared to
carry out this task. Anyhow, the point is, try to get an enthusiast involved
who
knows what he is looking at, not someone who is paying more attention to his
watch than the vehicle in question.

Graham Wilkie.