RE: Engine install

To: "Kenny Johnson" <theswed@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Engine install
From: "Greg Wilkinson" <gregwilkinson@adelphia.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 23:34:04 -0800
Hi Kenny,
I used an engine hoist to drop my tranny into the engine bay first, slid it
back then raised it into position with some boards across the cockpit floor.
Then came the engine minus the head. I used 4 old head studs as attaching
points. Fortunatly, I have an aluminum head, so installing that was no
problem. I can imagine holding an iron head at arms length, trying to line
it up with the studs, not dropping anything and not denting the shroud by
leaning on it is quite the challenge. Though I suppose you could strap the
head to the hoist too. After all laziness is the father of invention.

Best Wishes,
Greg