Rear cowl repair advise sought

To: "'Healeys' \(E-mail\)" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear cowl repair advise sought
From: "Malaney, David W" <DavidWMalaney@eaton.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 11:51:42 -0500
All,

My rear cowl has the usual corrosion along the strip where it bolts up to the
fender - on each side.  The corrosion is not terrible, but since the car is
apart I would like to address it.  Question is - what's the best solution?  I
figure the ultimate would be to cut the whole flange off and weld in a new
section of aluminum.  I would need to find an expert metal craftsperson to do
that work as it is way beyond my skill level.  Is there any other reasonably
effective solution that is not quite so extreme?  Thanks.

Dave M.
61 BN7