Gmail

To: list healey <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Gmail
From: Blue One Hundred <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 14:23:53 +0800
Hi -

I know I posted on this a few months back.

GMAIL is a mail program which Google is very close to bringing to the
general market.  I would highly encourage everyone on the list to
switch their healey list email to GMAIL if and when they get the
chance.

I simply say this because you will be able to use the google search
engine to search old list emails (much better than the autox server
search engine!) .  You see with GMAIL you will have 1 GB of storage so
you will not have to ever erase an email from the list.

In addition GMAIL uses a very novel, user friendly and brilliant
interface for dealing with several emails on the same subject.

The GMAIL ads are very unobtrusive and I hardly notice them (in fact,
the banner ads on hotmail or yahoo mail are much more annoying).

Although GMAIL is not technically available to the general public just
yet, if you go to www.gmail.com and sign up to receive information on
GMAIL, you will likely receive an invitation to set up an account
sometime soon.

No financial interest... just a fan!  It's a cool program....

Cheers,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8