Heat shield cutting

To: "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Heat shield cutting
From: "KENNETH MASON" <meditionm@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 21:35:18 -0800
List
I don't remember who originally asked the question (this time) about cutting
Hardy board, but here in my penny's worth.  I have read about diamond blades
and other circular saw blades as well as short lasting saber saw blades.  I
will suggest a carbide coated saber saw blade.  I have seen blades of this
design made for hack saws as well.  These blades look like a standard saber
saw blade only with no teeth and covered with "lumps" of carbide material.  I
used one to cut Hardy board for my heat shield.  Since the blade performs as a
typical saber saw blade, corves are no problem.  Additionally the cuts are
finished as-cut and require no touch-up.
Ken Mason
BJ7 in work