Re: Looking for a company to ship a car

To: fortee9er@yahoo.com, 57healey@gmail.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Looking for a company to ship a car
From: N0040@aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 16:25:40 EST
Jorge,
There are two things to consider.
One is door to door shipment, and totally enclosed transport.

I looked into shipping a car from Florida to Michigan, about the same
distance you're talking about. It was about $1100 - $1300 for door to door
service.

If the shipper can take it to a depot, usually found in bigger cities, they
could ship to a depot in Houston, where you would pick it up. That would run
$700-$900.

If it's a classic "concours" vehicle that has never been wet, it would cost
more for enclosed transport and protection.

Ebay and Auto Trader have some advertising links to companies that do this
for a living.

Regards,
Bob - BJ8
Milford, MI

I am  trying to find a company that will transport a car from Wisconsin to
Texas for  a reasonable fee. Does anyone on the list have any experience with
car  shipping companies and costs?
Thanks in advance

Jorge  Garcia
Houston, TX