Axle housing change related to fuel pump relocation?

To: healey list <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Axle housing change related to fuel pump relocation?
From: joe mulqueen <joemulqueen@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 21:03:26 -0800 (PST)
I like that description...
On my '60 (original LH side fuel pump), if I look down
from above, the small L shaped tab welded to the axle
housing securing the brass hydraulic junction is
aligned with the RH chassis rail outer edge.  I also
have someone's BJ8 pic (it's white but don't remember
who sent it!).  That car's brake tab is aligned so
it's centered over the RH chassis rail.  I'm guessing
this was done to provide more clearance between the RH
mounted fuel pump and brake flex hose.  I think I can
still make my new BJ8 bracket work but anyone know for
sure if this is a factory effect when they changed
pump mounting to the RH side or is this simply
variation?  I have read the story about the extra tab
piece for 2 seaters....
Cheers,
Joe M
'60 BT7
(only getting to work on it a couple times/mo)