Brake Fluid Vanished Without Trace; BJ8.

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Brake Fluid Vanished Without Trace; BJ8.
From: GLWilkieAlaska@aol.com
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 23:56:44 EST
Hi Listers,

I have encountered a mysterious problem with my brakes. While checking the
brakes with the engine finally running again, the brake pedal went straight to
the floor without any resistance.

I checked the fluid reservoir. To my surprise, the brake fluid has vanished
without trace. (No puddles on the floor, or any signs of leaking fluid.)

I flushed and bled the brake system about one month ago, using Castrol GTLMA;
this was accomplished without encountering any problems, so I know it was
full.

I have a BJ8 with, I believe, the original Girling Brake Servo installed.

I have heard that the brake fluid can somehow leak into the Brake Servo. Is
this possible? Which component of the Brake Servo would fail to cause this?
Would the Moss repair Kit rectify this problem?

If someone can please help me, I would be most grateful.

Regards, Graham Wilkie.
HBJ8L / 32382