Choke Cable

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Choke Cable
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 21:44:00 EST
In a message dated 3/26/05 2:16:11 PM, owner-healeys-digest@autox.team.net
writes:

> I was always under the impression  that the original choke cable assembly
> had
> a turn to lock feature so the  setting would be maintained as desired.

Not quite -- The original choke is pull to lock, turn to release (it pulls
out on a ratchet, and when you turn the knob, the pawl moves outside the row
of
ratchet teeth). You should be able to pull it out easily about, oh, 3/4 of the
distance which will control the throttle opening, and then a bit further to
pull the needles down to choke it. You pull it out all the way to start, then
release it and let it go back to where the engine is running a little above
idle to warm up, and then when the engine reaches operating temp, turn it and
push it all the way back in.
Cheers
Gary