Re: Tenax stud

To: ahpowered@hotmail.com, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tenax stud
From: Awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 13:22:32 EST
In a message dated 3/29/2005 1:07:18 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ahpowered@hotmail.com writes:
I thought this job would be simple. WRONG! I cannot get to the nut on the
back side of the stud. There is a little room to get in there but I can't
get my hand in there. I am afraid to start pulling out the inner vinyl
covered panels.

Any suggestions on how I can get a nut on the back of the studs? I thought
of taping a nut to a tool but...?
Scott--

I had a similar problem on my BN1 and found that with one person, perhaps
with smaller hands working from the inside of the boot I got the job done.  I
believe we got the nut stareted on tenax stud and then my wife held it in place
from the inside with a needlenose'd vicegrips while I tightened the stud from
the outside.  If this doesn't work I guess you could always fill, drill and tap
the hole....

Best--Michael Oritt, 100 Le Mans