Originality Question, Spare Tire Stap

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Originality Question, Spare Tire Stap
From: "Mark and Kathy" <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>
Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2005 06:55:06 -0500
I'm  sure this has been asked before but I wasn't paying attention.  (put me
in time out)  :)

Question on the "Spare tire hold down strap and buckle".
for a 1960 BT7.

 How was the "roller buckle" on the spare tire hold down leather strap
connected to the strap?  Sewn on or rivets, and where were the rivets if they
were used?  And the belt should be black, right?

Sorry about this detaily stuff.   Since I have to do this stuff anyway I
figured I may as well try to get it close to what it was.

Mark