Healey Westland sale

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Healey Westland sale
From: Daveshealey100@aol.com
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2005 04:41:31 EDT
Hi Folks,
                just thought you may want to know that on June the first
there is a sale of  classic cars and motorcycles in Leominster, Herefordshire,
UK,
near where I  live. Amongst the lots for sale is a beautiful red Healey
Westland. The car was  built during and just after WW2 in Hereford, and shown
to an
 enthusiastic press in January 1946, orders were taken and premises obtained
in  Warwick and the Donald Healey car company was born. The car has a very
advanced  (for its day) a 2.4 Ltr four cylinder engine supplied by Victor Riley
(of Riley  car fame). The sale car was built despite a lack of materials and
had a chassis  incorporating trailing links, both unusual and advanced for the
day.
There is also a 1931 4 Ltr Bentley in the sale which has been literally in
store for 40 years.

My own 1953 100/4 BN1 sailed through its MOT (muffler) test last week and
has been out and about on our wonderful Welsh country lanes, Thank God we have
both survived another winter.

Dave Latham
1953 100/4
Wales UK.